As a Social Media Specialist volunteer at the Circular Economy Club you’ll help shape the direction of ONE of CEC’s social media channels and interact with club members in order to continue creating a strong community of like-minded individuals and organisations.
What we do
The Circular Economy Club (CEC) is the international group of over 2,600 circular economy professionals in over 60 countries. CEC’s activity is non-profit, run by volunteers and although it started in London, there are team members based globally. CEC organises events to spur mentorship and investment to the best circular economy projects.
The concept of the circular economy is grounded in the study of non-linear, feedback-rich systems. The circular economy may be the biggest revolution in the global economy in 250 years as it challenges companies and societies to rethink the current models and relationships. A circular economy is restorative and regenerative by design, and aims to keep products, components, and materials at their highest utility and value at all times.
The goal is to gradually achieve superior member engagement and website traffic by strategically making the most of all aspects of Twitter. This opportunity is a great option if you would look forward to:
- Generate, edit, publish and share CEC content (usually CEC articles, welcome to CEC Mentors or Organizers, announcing events, sharing quotes about circular economy, sharing information from others, etc) that builds meaningful connections and encourages community members to take action
- You are responsible for joining relevant social media conversations on behalf of the brand and communicating the club by providing support to current and prospective members.
- Moderate all user-generated content in line with the values of the club: collaboration, focusing on the solutions rather than the problems and community building
- Provide monthly summaries of key insights from Twitter to Founder and Social Media team.
- Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then acting on the information.
- Collaborate with other team members on a quarterly Skype call to manage reputation, identify key players and coordinate actions.
- Optimizing the club social media profile when outdated
- You will be a true brand guardian ensuring that the digital marketing strategy is in line with our brand vision. A future that is, collaborative, circular and smart.
- You’ll be practical and flexible. Example: CEC does not have a budget for marketing at this point so we need to be practical and creative in terms of doing the most with free tools.
- Assisting in being a true team player and brand Ambassador online and offline (in networking events) and bringing more members to join CEC, its social media groups and events.
- Minimum one-year experience in Social media management
- Proficient in English
- Ability to effectively make the case for the Circular Economy Club
- The analytical skills to understand the principles of the circular economy and how to pitch different CEC benefits to different stakeholders
- Self-starter, capable of volunteering with a high degree of independence
- Enjoys working in a multicultural team and see the benefits of collaboration
What we offer
- Dates: starting as soon as possible
- Salary package: the club is run on a volunteer basis
- Flexible volunteering hours: volunteer from home around 10 hours/week
- Attendance to CEC events
- Introductions to #CircularEconomy professionals
- Outstanding team
Please apply sending us your professional profile, preferences among social media channels to manage (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or LinkedIn) and why you want to be part of the team, by sending an email to: talent@CircularEconomyClub.com